- 2006: First patents @ Evonik
- 2007-2018: Evonik invests in the development of an innovative production process for thermoelectric modules
- 2010-2014: Evonik is partner in the funded alliance project “Highly efficient manufacturing of Thermoelectric Generators (High-TEG)”
- 2016: German Sustainability Research Award
- 2017: ESPRYX™ pilot production
- Since 2018: Field testing in relevant application and process optimization and documentation
After work spanning several years, a team at Evonik has now come up with a high-performance approach that allows the production of thermoelectric modules in a fully automated industrially scalable process.
Awards & publications:
German Sustainability Research Award in 2016
The concept won the German Sustainability Research Award in 2016. The ecological life cycle (cradle-to-grave)
analysis is positive. Thermoelectric modules produced according to the ESPRYX™ process contribute significantly to CO2 emission reductions.
As the 288th out of 1,000 positive examples for climate protection in and from North Rhine-Westphalia, the KlimaExpo.NRW initiative selected Creavis' ESPRYX™ production process.
Giesserei (publication available only in German)
Stefan Schumann, Dirk Lehmann, Patrick Stenner, Sascha Hoch: Abwärmenutzung mit thermoelektrischen Generatoren. GIESSEREI 104 (10/2017), p. 64 ff.